ESMAC 2023 ATHENS
18 – 23 September 2023 Athens, Greece
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Abstract Submission is closed
General Information & Deadlines
Abstracts MUST be submitted electronically via the online submission system by the extended deadline of 24 April. Abstracts received via fax, e-mail or received after the deadline will not be accepted and therefore will not be considered for the programme or publication.
1) Abstracts may be submitted for the following scientific topics. With each abstract submission, two topics can be selected:
- Adult neurological disorders
- Coordination and motor control
- Foot and ankle
- Imaging and anatomy
- Modelling and simulation
- Movement analysis methodology
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Normative studies
- Paediatric neurological disorders
- Prosthetics and orthotics
- Robotic and assistive devices
- Sports and sports injury
- Stability and fall risk
- Upper extremity and trunk
- Clinical reasoning and evidence
- Physical activity methodology
2) A preferred presentation method should be selected during the submission from the following options:
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
3) Abstracts can be amended in the online submission system prior to the submission deadline of 18 April 2023. After the submission deadline, all abstracts will be automatically considered to be fully submitted and will proceed to the peer review.
4) The number of submitted abstracts per one submitter/author is not limited.
5) All abstracts will be reviewed by the ESMAC Scientific Committee, who will consider its formal aspects and content. The Committee will decide which abstracts will be accepted and may reconsider the final presentation type and topic selection.
6) Accepted abstracts will be made available to all meeting attendees within a special issue of the Gait & Posture Journal. Rejected abstracts will not be displayed or published. Please have your abstract checked for correct spelling, punctuation, grammar and formal structure. Any changes in the abstract will not be allowed after the submission deadline 18 April 2023. Accepted abstract will be published in Gait & Posture Journal as it was submitted. ESMAC reserves the right to edit abstracts if necessary prior to the publication on the ESMAC Website or the Gait & Posture Journal.
7) All presenting authors will be notified of the evaluation results by 8 June 2023.
8) All presenting authors are obliged to register for the meeting by 30 June 2023.
9) All presenting authors will be asked to declare a disclosure of their potential conflict of interest when submitting their abstract. Without the declaration submitted, the abstract cannot be accepted.
1) All abstracts must be written in English.
2) When submitting your abstract, consider and choose the appropriate scientific topic and the presentation method.
3) The abstract title is limited by 20 words and must be submitted using sentence case (e.g. This is the title of my abstract).
4)Up to 10 authors can be submitted for an abstract (including the presenting author). The presenting author is selected first; other authors can be added only when the presenting author is submitted. However, the author order can be changed if needed by swapping the names in the list of the authors. The first name is always considered to be the main author.
5) The maximum abstract length is 450 words without references. Please note each abstract must follow a mandatory structure:
- Research Question
6) Up to 1 picture/chart/table can be included within the abstract text. (Please check the step-by-step picture upload guide below.) They must be saved in JPG.
- Place the picture title within the abstract in the location where the picture should appear (see 1 in slide below). Click the “Picture Insert” icon to start the upload process (see 2 in slide below).
- Click the “Upload” button (see 1 in slide below) and select the picture you wish to insert from your computer. It will be uploaded to the insert image gallery (see 2 in slide below).
- Select the corresponding picture (see 1 in slide below), copy the picture title into the “Alternate Text” field (see 2 in slide below) and add the picture dimensions (one size is enough) (see 3 in slide below) and confirm the selection with the ”Insert” button. (see 4 in slide below) (width 300px = approx. 7cm wide)
- When the picture is uploaded, the correct location and size can be checked. If you wish to change the dimensions you can simply delete the inserted picture and upload it once again with a different size.
- Please check carefully if your picture was uploaded successfully. You would see it in the abstract overview at the end of the submission.
7) The number of submitted abstracts per one submitter/author is not limited.
Please contact the ESMAC 2023 Scientific Programme Department for any assistance.
ESMAC 2023 Secretariat: C-IN, 5. kvetna 65, 140 21 Prague 4, CZE
tel.: +420 296 219 600
Copyright © 2023 c-in.eu | email@example.com